An established MNC Law firm is looking for an Accounting Assistant with a high level of energy and ambition. This person must demonstrate self motivation, attention to detail, and strong communication skills. The role will primarily be looking after the Accounts Payable function
The firm is looking to grow its numbers in the coming year, and would to take on board an Accounting Assistant who can work under pressure and deliver on time.
- Process payment requests, cheque runs and online vendor and expense payments for Asia offices
- Prepare cheques
- Handle and reconcile petty cash
- Reconcile vendor statements and post vendor invoices
- Liaise with vendors for payment confirmation
- Post soft disbursements
- Compliance with firm policies and procedures.
- Compliance with local government requirements of Asia offices.
- Conduct daily audit of reports and receipts
- Review expense allocations for accurate coding to general ledger and budget.
- Coordinate with Firm partners, attorneys and other personnel
- Create reclassification journal entries for general ledger and personal accounts.
- Answer inquiries from expense support line and achieve issue resolution.
- Monitor and track various monthly reports, i.e., pending approvals, duplicate expenses and unsubmitted reports.
- A degree holder in Accounting/ Finance/ Business with at least 3 years of relevant working experience
- Familiar with Hong Kong accounting practice regulations and tax issues
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organization skills
- Proficiency in written and conversational English and Cantonese, Mandarin is a bonus
- Candidates who have worked within legal sector will be prioritized
- Hands-on experience in Practice Management System like Elite / Aderant and Expense Management System like Chrome River is highly desirable.
If you are interested in finding out more about this career opportunity, please email your resume to Darren Chung, firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: (852) 3151 1300 Web: www.charterhouse.com.hk
Charterhouse Partnership Hong Kong is here to assist you in your job search. Our experienced recruitment consultants will provide you career advise and assist you in develop a tailored job search strategy