An International law firm based in UK, with operations in several APAC regions is currently looking for a high calibre candidate to join the Finance team for tax function
- Responsible for coordination, preparation and timely filing of tax returns for all partners in Hong Kong, rolling out information to third-party advisors for the preparation of other Asian partners’ tax returns on a timely basis, handling correspondences with tax authorities and maintaining tax reserves for partners.
- Responsible for coordination, preparation and timely filing of tax returns for all the Hong Kong entities and ensure timely resolution of notices from tax authorities.
- Primary contact for our external advisors, to ensure that the tax return preparation process is run efficiently. Work closely with external advisors to ensure that the information provided is in the correct format and that taxpayers are managed to ensure that the returns are completed prior to the deadline. Refunds and underpayments are dealt with in accordance with Firm’s policy.
- Support Head of Tax – Asia in providing advice to the Partners and other stakeholders within the Firm on tax matters. Monitor tax filings for new and retired partners. Maintain tax calendar to ensure compliance to all the tax deadlines in the Asian region.
- Review HK salaries tax returns to claim Treaty relief / income exemption for assignees. Assist when the taxpayer is unfamiliar with the tax system but not entitled to tax return preparation service.
- Achieve a workable knowledge of the SAP finance system in order to be able to extract relevant information for Tax Return preparation. Will also be required to understand the workings of the firm’s mobility package for partners to deal with any questions and concerns arising from Asian Partners.
- Liaise with billing teams in the region to obtain withholding tax receipts and maintain proper records for tax claims.
- Assist with transactional analysis, implementation of tax strategies, and special projects as required.
- Degree holder in Business, Accounting or related disciplines
- Formal professional qualification: CPA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3-5 years hands on experiences in preparation and filing of Salaries Tax and Profits Tax Returns in Hong Kong
- Diplomatic with excellent communication and influencing skills
- Customer orientated attitude essential
If you are interested in finding out more about this career opportunity, please email your resume to Catrina Mok, catrina.mok @charterhouse.com.hk Tel: (852) 3151 1300 Web: www.charterhouse.com.hk
Charterhouse Partnership Hong Kong is here to assist you in your job search. Our experienced recruitment consultants will provide you career advise and assist you in develop a tailored job search strategy