- Head of Risk – Private Banking role
- Minimum 8 years experience in operational risk private banking
- Prestigious international private bank
Role: Head of Risk Hong Kong – Private Banking
Reporting Line: Head of Risk Management Asia
- Ensuring with local Compliance Officer of strict adherence at all times to local regulatory and supervisory requirement.
- Active involvement in strategic risk management (e.g. pro-active assistance to CEO & COO Hong Kong in terms of overall management and projects) and risk management advice on specific transaction.
Suitability Risk: investment process control, performance / portfolio risk analysis of client accounts and reporting to local Senior Management and Group Risk Management based on:
- Analysis and review of securities / FX transactions and reporting of non-standard positions and investment suitability mismatches,
- Analysis and review of atypical performance variation,
- Analysis and reporting of discretionary managed accounts’ adherence to investment guidelines and contractual constraints,
- Monitoring and reporting of deviations from local regulatory requirements and from the Group guidelines for discretionary and advisory mandates,
- Analysis of performances and concentration risks,
- Analysis of investment quality and illiquid positions,
- Portfolio review meetings with Relationship Managers, Portfolio Managers and Investment Advisors.
Operational Risk: pro-active involvement in operating emerging issues / incidents / crisis scenario and ensure compliance with local regulatory requirements for the management of operational risk events:
- Review of operational incidents and assessment of remedial actions,
- Active involvement in the operational risk mapping assessments for the HK branch,
- Contribution to the assessment of new activities or products in the frame of the New Product Approval Committee or the Change Risk Assessment
Competencies / Experience:
- Eight to ten years of experience in a relevant role, within Private Banking
- University educated to Bachelors level
- Excellent command of written and spoken English. French and/or Mandarin is a plus, but not essential
- Strong integrity of character, able to be independent and objective despite strong push-back from the business
- Disciplined with excellent time-management and organizational skills; adheres to deadlines whilst managing multiple work streams
- Able and willing to take initiative and assume responsibility
- Strong MS Office skills, particularly with Excel. Knowledge of MS Access would be advantageous, but not essential
- Excellent presentation skills – experience in preparing and delivering quality reports, often within short deadlines
- Flexible and open minded, not opposed to constructive criticism and able to see, and take hold of, development opportunities.
Charterhouse Partnership Hong Kong is here to assist you in your job search. Our experienced recruitment consultants will provide you career advise and assist you in develop a tailored job search strategy